
In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.
-Albert Schweitzer
-Albert Schweitzer
I was browsing online at the office, when I came upon this quote. This was the first time I had read this before. There are always the quotes that go up on the classroom walls that talk about reaching for the moon but if you miss just land on a star or something like that... well i just like this one so much better! I want this on a poster in my classroom "In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet" .We dont realize what precious and beautiful things lay right in front of us.
I dont think I really began to understand this either until I moved away from the small but sweet town I have grown up in my whole life. I know as we went through school, there were pretty much 2 groups of people, the ones who wanted more than anything to escape this town and go on to bigger and better things, or the ones who loved it so much they would probably stay in the town their entire lives fishing, hunting, and drinking!( Sounds productive, right?) Well I was very much so in the first group. I was pretty excited to say the least when i was accepted to go to Southeastern University! This was in Lakeland FL.--out of Wakulla! So two years later, Here I am now in Tallahassee at Florida State University. wow how things change, and I know the Lord had me at SEU for a time and season, and good things were done! During the time down there I learned so much, and also began to appreciate the things that i would have passed by before. I learned you do not waste the food you buy!!! NOPE sure don't, such a precious thing ha ha but serious. When your away from something, you begin to realize how great that something is, such as friends, family, and yes hickville! The grass isn't always greener on the other side, and hey look their are flowers at your feet! So this quote today has made me think about a lot, and I have come to really enjoy it!
I dont think I really began to understand this either until I moved away from the small but sweet town I have grown up in my whole life. I know as we went through school, there were pretty much 2 groups of people, the ones who wanted more than anything to escape this town and go on to bigger and better things, or the ones who loved it so much they would probably stay in the town their entire lives fishing, hunting, and drinking!( Sounds productive, right?) Well I was very much so in the first group. I was pretty excited to say the least when i was accepted to go to Southeastern University! This was in Lakeland FL.--out of Wakulla! So two years later, Here I am now in Tallahassee at Florida State University. wow how things change, and I know the Lord had me at SEU for a time and season, and good things were done! During the time down there I learned so much, and also began to appreciate the things that i would have passed by before. I learned you do not waste the food you buy!!! NOPE sure don't, such a precious thing ha ha but serious. When your away from something, you begin to realize how great that something is, such as friends, family, and yes hickville! The grass isn't always greener on the other side, and hey look their are flowers at your feet! So this quote today has made me think about a lot, and I have come to really enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment