What has happened to the fear of the Lord, or the desire to be holy and clean before the father. I feel as if standards and values have taken a slum, and everything is justified. We live our lives for ourselves and what is convenient for that time and place. Give me a Sunday morning that's full of grace… This is exactly what everyone wants, well for the half that even still acknowledges God or the church. It use to be, "oh we go to church, so that means we are saved and everything is ok, and we can drink and have fun but just be sure to show up at church".( no this doesn’t mean any of that, just to throw that in) Well now there are so many people offended and turned away by the church, that it's now even ok to have all that "fun" but then say, " I think I'll just go to church when its convenient, or hey maybe just read a scripture off some old woman's bumper sticker and that will justify for everything wrong in my my life this week. Well the church is the bride, and for me I would want to be apart of something that great!
I am tired of ending up in confused, complacent mind sets and just sitting back watching things take place that I never would have imagined I would do. I become angry and upset at others sometimes but first and foremost it's my life I need to worry with, and am I living a holy and pleasing life to Christ son of the living God? A great God, who does give me the strength, and direction, and peace, and love, and everything I need!
I think I am just on my soap box a little today, but the Lord has been showing me a lot of things lately, and this morning while drinking coffee on the way to work everything started becoming clear on what I needed to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment