Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall is so Fine.










Today is the first day of fall, and believe it or not even in the great state of Florida it's decent out. Although, I am more than ready for real fall- where you can wear scarves, and boots, and sit around a camp fire at night without sweating to death. None the less, this day will come! As I've been randomly getting on here to keep up with my oh so dearest friend Brittany- she has inspired me to post again. It has been over a year since I've posted, so it's about time. I was recently reading over my old post and since then things have become clearer in my life, and I praise Jesus for that! For a long time I had really no idea what direction to go in- first it was elementary education- then I changed to Family and Child Science.. but even with this major there are so many options. Recently I know exactly what I aspire to do! It is still working with children, and this will always be my heart, but I will be going on to grad school for either PT or OT. I meet with a pre-med advisor on Friday to review my options and to determine what I lack for pre reqs. I will have some hard work ahead of me, and even harder decisions. I have been looking at programs in a ton of Universities including FAMU, Florida (I know…), North Carolina, Wake, Duke and some others. There are many choices but not so many close to home, so once again I will prob be moving. Only time will tell….
The Lord is so good and how he works everything out. In my major you have to go through a practicum and every year the students have always worked in schools, well this year they have a place call Progressive Pediatric. Progressive offers therapy and counseling, and even more so PT and OT with kids. So I signed up in hope I would be able to get in here- and I did! I just started last week- and not only will this be great experience for me, but it will help me to determine specifically which therapy to go in and this gives me hours which are required to get accepted to grad school. Things have just been so smooth lately.
Overall- things in life have been good- the sister and I are now in town, and I seriously haven’t bought gas in a month!! Its amazing…truly amazing! We now walk to campus, run football players over with our bikes, do dreadful stadiums in record time, and spend most of our nights in Club Stroz (Library). We've had a lot of fun though- and football is back up and going! We've been to both of the home games so far and man have they been hot!! I'm debating rather this sat is actually worth it….I am sure ready for some night games! Oh and since we've been away from home- mama still loves to cook Sunday dinner for us! I am ok with this!! This past Sunday we just chilled at the house (mamas) - we ate, played outside, Meg did a little homework and we just pure relaxed, I only wish it could had been longer! I have a feeling this semester will continue to be wonderful- as the seasons begin to change, and the holidays draw near.


- Just a side note, my great gramdma (Big Mama) who past away a week and a half ago, would of been 100 today! Thats just amazing to me- oh the life she has lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment